Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pretty little Bubble Dress


I love sewing for girls...although I have two boys. I have one niece, a few cousins, and even fewer friends with girls (boys are apparently very prevalent in my surroundings!). So any chance I get to test out my sewing creativity on them - I take it!

Don't get me wrong...I make things for the boys too, but little dresses are so fun! I found a pattern and tutorial on Pinterest and it led me too this wonderful this site. I followed the easy tutorial and changed a little bit (I put together the slit on top of the bodice differently).

I feel as if they may be a little short...but hey, I don't have girls and although I have used the boys as live dress forms, I didn't on these.  I simply followed the pattern and instructions and hoped they fit properly.  And if they are too short, I think a pair of capri leggings would set that off very nicely, maybe even add a cardigan if the weather is chilly.

Here are the results:
This will be a gift for my cousin's daughter for her 4th birthday



I made this for my niece to maybe wear at a wedding this spring


No comments:

Post a Comment