Monday, April 29, 2013

DIY Gold link bracelet + embroidery thread

Saw this post on a neat little blog that I like to look around at once in a while.  Thought I'd try it out myself since I had this chain link bracelet with little pearl-like baubles.  Nothing wrong with the bracelet as it was, but the baubles weren't too comfortable when typing, and I do a lot of that!  There's so many different ways to do this.  I had my own trial-n-error with this project.  I had to drastically cut down on the number of threads I used...the first picture shows 20, but I had to cut it down to 8!  The links on my chain were small so that's the reason for the cut back.  I also have a tough time getting the bobby pin to fit though the links, so I flattened it out a bit with my pliers.

Anyway, here's the before and after!



No comments:

Post a Comment